Biku Furniture & Homewares Faults & Warranty
Biku furniture & Homewares are committed to offering our customers furniture & homewares that are of the highest quality and are built to last. We warrant all goods to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, and of acceptable quality and durability for the purpose for which they are designed. Warranties and guarantees are provided in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
If you for some reason you find a manufacturing fault or a delivery damage with your purchase we guarantee to repair or replace the item if it falls within our Biku Furniture & Homewares warranty period.
If an item arrives that is missing parts, is faulty, is defective or has been damaged during manufacturing, please take photos or video clearly illustrating the problem and contact us as soon as possible, within 2 business days of receiving your delivery. The best solution to any product fault depends on the nature of the fault itself, and the outcome that works best for you. We will work collaboratively with you to find a solution that you’re happy with.
For example we may arrange one or a combination of the following:
- Send you any missing parts or components
- Suggest a method self repair (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Arrange a repair by a local tradesperson in your area (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Replace the product (subject to availability)
- Offer you an alternative product
- Offer a partial or full store credit voucher or refund
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Faults and Warranties policy does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage arising from improper assembly or modification
- Damage arising from abnormal use or abuse
- Damage as a result of improper or lack of maintenance and/or care (e.g. fabric, leather or timber)
- Damage caused by exposing the products to the sun, extreme heat or cold or chemicals / agents that are known to damage the finished product
- Damage to external or product packaging only
- Insignificant minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain or finish
- Insignificant minor imperfections or superficial blemishes
Freight Protection policy
Determining if an order or item is lost in transit, Biku Furniture & Homewares will determine whether an order or item is deemed lost in transit at its sole discretion. We will conduct an investigation and attempt to find and deliver all item(s) and an item cannot be claimed to be lost in transit if:
- The delivery address is incorrect or unclear
- The tracking information for the shipment is showing it is in transit (or other such status that defines the item as yet to be delivered)
- The item was accepted or left at the delivery address according to the instructions supplied to the carrier
Determining if an order or item is damaged in transit our normal Damaged in Transit policy and processes apply.
We reserve the right to refuse a claim under our Freight Protection policy in circumstances where we believe that the item is not lost in transit, or the item has been delivered.
1 year warranty
Applies to all homewares products including rugs, cushions, wall art, mirrors and décor pieces.
2 year warranty
Applies to all furniture items including beds, sofas, dining chairs, occasional chairs, dining tables, sideboards, etc
How to claim my warranty?
If you believe that your productive is defective, please contact our customer service team on (07) 5538 0133, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to see us in store at 54 Bundall Road, Bundall, QLD, 4217.
Please note you will need proof of purchase (normally your receipt) as part of your claim.