Terms & Conditions
Buy one, get for 30% off the second item - terms and conditions
- Offer extends from 8th October to 14th October 2021 at 11.59pm
- 30% off applies to the second item purchased at the same or less value than the first product.
- Biku Furniture & Homewares reserves the right to exclude suppliers from the promotion at the discretion of the Directors.
- Special Orders delivery normally take between 10-14 weeks. Biku Furniture and Homewares cannot guarantee or give ETA’s on Special Orders arrival times due to the uncertainty of overseas shipping companies availability to get the Goods to Australia due to Covid-19 backlogs.
- Special Orders will be Non-Refundable after the 48-hour cooling off period.
- Discounts are not applicable to any deliveries and services provided by Biku
- 30% discount is not available on Humm & Humm90 Interest Free Finance
- 30% discount cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Full Payment is required on order placement which is non-refundable after the 48 Hour cooling off period the Payment must be paid in cash or credit card (not on Interest Free terms).
- Holding charges may apply if you fail to arrange for collection or delivery within a reasonable time of being notified of availability
Reclaimed and Natural Materials
- Our reclaimed furniture ranges are produced by recycled and natural materials and handmade no two are alike and may vary in colour, size, surfaces, shape and finishes and repair areas from a the original use of the timber, these are purely characteristics of the nature of these ranges.
- We do not deem these perfect imperfections as faulty and we recommend asking for images of any reclaimed Special Orders.
- Stock availability may be affected by supplier delays. As such we cannot guarantee availability at all times. You acknowledge and agree that, from time to time, certain Goods may be out of stock or unavailable. Biku Furniture reserves the right to withdraw or suspend from sale any Goods displayed in any Publication, either temporarily or permanently, at any time without notice to you. We may also cancel an Order at any time before delivery where (without limitation):
- our suppliers are unable to supply the Goods under an order we have given them;
- any event beyond our control means that we are unable to supply the Goods within a reasonable time;
- Goods were misdescribed (such as price, functionality, or incorrect image), which was not identified before we accepted your Order; or you ask us to cancel your Order if you are entitled to do so under these Terms & Conditions.
- Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law), Biku Furniture & Homewares will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of the unavailability of any Goods at any time, whether in contract, negligence or otherwise.
- Goods not immediately available will be supplied to you at the price displayed in a Publication at the time you place your Order. Excludes products marked “Limited Stock” “Discontinued Item”, “End of Range” or “Once only bulk buy”.
- Any photos or illustrations of Goods in any Publication are for illustrative purposes only and may vary from store to store.
- Accessories and mattresses are shown for display purposes only and are not included in the purchase unless specifically nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to Biku Furniture & Homewares online. We welcome you to our online store, a curated collection of furniture & homewares from our retail showroom at Bundall on the Gold Coast. We are committed to providing our customers with an enjoyable shopping experience both online or in person. Our terms and conditions are set out below. If you have any questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT OUR T&C’S
These Terms and Conditions cannot be varied without our written consent. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version will always be shown on the Terms and Conditions page of our website. We encourage you to read these Terms and Conditions, and contact us if you have any particular questions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not use our website in any manner.
We endeavour to ensure that all the products on our website are accurately described, and we rely on information provided to us by our suppliers. Unfortunately, on some occasions it is possible that our website will contain errors and we reserve the right to correct any errors or inaccuracies at any time, including after an order is placed.
Many products stocked by Biku Furniture & Homewares are considered antique (by the age of the product or parts of the product), original or are handmade, or are made from natural products including but not limited to (stone, marble, leather, timber etc.) in which case natural variations in patterns, fittings, colours and textures are to be expected. There may be small variations between the product image(s) and the product you receive. This will always be stated on the individual product listing. We endeavour to ensure that all colours are displayed accurately, but you should be aware that colours may appear slightly differently on different displays and screens. The shade of colour from screen to screen is not a fault or error. This will be classified as a change of mind and returning items based on change of mind are dealt with further below.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colours, sizes, information or other content available or offered on our website are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
On rare occasions our suppliers find themselves unable to deliver products to us, or the products delivered are not of sufficient quality or workmanship. We reserve the right to withdraw any products from our website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on our website. Whilst we will make our best efforts to process all orders, there may be exceptional circumstances which mean that we may need to refuse to process an order (or part of an order) after we have sent you an order confirmation, which we reserve the right to do at any time, at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any other third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from our website, whether it has been sold or not, removing or editing any materials or contents on our website, or for refusing to process or accept an order (or part of an order) after we have sent you the order confirmation.
OUR WEBSITE IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING
We aim to keep our website up to date with accurate descriptions & stock levels. Changes may be made at any time. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure our website contains accurate information and content, however, we reserve the right to update our website as soon as an inaccuracy or error is brought to our attention.
ORDERING ONLINE WITH BIKU
After you have placed your order and we have processed your payment (usually within 24 hours, but possibly longer for some public holidays) we will provide you with an order confirmation by email. This email does not guarantee that the product(s) you have ordered is/are available. It represents confirmation that we have received your order.
Your order represents an offer to purchase, which we accept when we dispatch your product(s) and send you an email confirming that your product(s) has/have been dispatched. Once this email has been sent and the goods have been handed over to the designated carrier, the contract between you and us is complete. The sale contract is therefore concluded in Queensland, Australia.
If delivery of an order will result in unacceptably high freight charges to Biku Furniture & Homewares, we reserve the right to contact you to request further shipping fees or to cancel an order prior to dispatch. If we cancel your order in these circumstances we will issue a full refund to you.
In the unlikely event that a product is unavailable, we reserve the right to cancel your order prior to dispatch. We will contact you by email as soon as possible to let you know. No payments will be processed if product is unavailable at the time the order is processed. We reserve the right not to accept your order in the event that we are unable to obtain authorisation for payment, where we suspect fraudulent activity, or where you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out, or otherwise contemplated, within these Terms and Conditions or our website. We reserve the right to refuse to process or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
All prices displayed on our website are in Australian dollars and include GST. All payments are processed in Australian dollars. We accept payment by Visa and MasterCard. Prices are subject to change effective immediately upon posting to our website or other form of notification.
1. Prices include GST.
2. All Sales Goods or Promotional Goods are Non-Refundable unless the Goods are faulty.
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise, Prices do not include delivery charges.
4. Biku Furniture & Homewares reserves the right to change the prices of Goods at any time without notice to you.
5. Each Order that you place will, if accepted by Biku Furniture & Homewares, be a separate and binding agreement between you and Biku Furniture & Homewares with respect to the supply of the Goods to which these Terms & Conditions apply.
6. Prices may vary between online & in store
7. Savings are off regular ticket prices unless otherwise stated.
8. Risk and title in Goods pass to you on the date and time of delivery of the Goods.
9. Pricing errors. Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur from time to time. Where a pricing error occurs (subject to applicable law that cannot be excluded), we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated, and Biku reserves the right to cancel your purchase
We use industry standard encryption to keep your personal information secure throughout the payment process. We do not permanently store your credit card or bank information. We will not be liable for any damages or losses (whether direct or indirect) caused if a card is used fraudulently.
In an effort to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards or other payment options, we will undertake reasonable efforts to validate the legitimacy of the order and payment method. This process may include requesting proof of identity and a formal check. However, we do not guarantee that we can prevent the fraudulent use of such information by unauthorised third parties. In instances of high value orders being placed and/or where we suspect your card may be at risk of fraudulent use, we will follow internal company procedures to confirm the order is bona fide. Orders undertaking a formal check will be placed on hold until we have received confirmation this transaction is legitimate. Where we cannot reasonably rule out fraudulent card use prior to processing your order, we may decide to cancel the order (notifying you via email).
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Shipping fees and times vary for products and are calculated based on the size and weight of your order and destination. The delivery price for each order will be displayed during the checkout process (products that are classified as heavy or high in volume require individual quotes from our team... please email your enquiry to email@example.com), prior to payment and order confirmation and included in the total price of your order. Changes made to delivery address or delivery time after placing an order may incur additional charges, which we reserve the right to request to add to your original delivery charge.
Delivery estimates calculated at checkout are based on delivery to the front door of a ground floor. Approval for requests to have items delivered past this point must be requested prior to an order being placed. This is a request and cannot be guaranteed. The request is based on courier availability and payment of this service.
Delivery time: Biku aim to dispatch all orders within 24-72 business hours of the order being confirmed & payment being cleared. If a product is not available for immediate dispatch this will be noted on the product listing. From time to time the delivery of specific items will exceed our usual stated delivery window for reasons outside our control. If for some reason there is an unforeseen delay in dispatch of your order you will be contacted via email. You are not entitled to cancel any order (or part of an order) if, for some reason out of our control, there is a delay in the dispatch of your order. You agree and acknowledge that from time to time delays can be experienced in dispatching orders.
Risk in the products passes to you on commencement of delivery. We do not accept liability for any loss, theft or damage to the products after delivery.
Delivery methods & locations: We work with a number of delivery partners and courier companies in order to deliver nationwide; in some cases this may be handed to a third party to ensure remote areas can be accommodated. Your order will be delivered to the delivery address provided by you during the checkout process or as updated through our online support team after your order is finalised.
Delivery is to a ground floor; if the delivery is in a multi-story building the delivery company will not travel past the ground floor front door. This may vary dependant on the carrier selected to deliver your order.
We cannot deliver to PO boxes or Parcel Lockers because they’re usually too small to accept most of the items we sell. Most of our goods are delivered by courier or specialist furniture carrier directly to your door.
Our delivery partner may leave a card at the address and you will need to pick up the delivery from your an Australia Post outlet or contact the courier company to arrange for re-delivery. We reserve the right to refuse delivery to specific locations for items we deem at high risk of loss or damage, and also areas that are inaccessible with standard courier and delivery services. In this case, you may choose to have an item delivered using your own couriers, in which case all insurance for loss or damage to the order caused by the delivery will be your responsibility.
You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges presented to you at the time you make a purchase.
We deliver most products Australia-wide. In some cases, we will only be able to deliver products in metropolitan areas. This information will be shown on the product listing.
We are not able to accept orders for international delivery at this time.
Delivery failure: It is important that you verify your information is correct before placing your order, especially your delivery address. If the address provided is incorrect and the package is returned, you will be billed for the additional shipping charges in order for your delivery to reach you. You agree to this by placing an order with us, we reserve the right to pass on applicable charges to you if you provide wrong address information. We also require a contact phone number, which may be used by the courier to arrange delivery. If we and our delivery partner have been unable to deliver your order due to your error or fault after 21 days or 2 attempts (whichever is sooner), we reserve the right to cancel your order. In these circumstances, we will refund you the price of your order, less the delivery and handling fees incurred by us.
CLICK & COLLECT
Biku offers customers the option of selecting ‘Click & Collect’. Customers who select this option agree to the following terms.
a. Payment will be processed following the same terms outlined above
b. Customer agrees to collect goods in-store within 7 business days of purchase
c. In store collection is available between Monday & Saturday only. (Saturday pick up for bigger items must contact the store at least 48 hours in advance to organise)
d. Customer is required to cary items to vehicle (Biku does not provide moving services)
e. No handling or shipping charges are applicable on this service
Change of Mind Policy
We want you to be happy with the products you buy from us. If you change your mind, you may return it to us within 14 days of the date you received it. You will be responsible for all shipping charges to facilitate a change of mind return. If you change your mind, we will provide you with a store credit voucher in an amount equal to the price you paid for the product, less all shipping costs. Please note we do not offer refunds for change of mind returns.
You must lodge a return request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) please provide your name
and order number and our online support team will assist in arranging the return for you. Items returned must be in as new condition. This means you have not used, assembled, damaged, washed or laundered any of the items. Please return items secured in their original packaging. If you cannot return an item as new; in its original condition & packaging Biku Furniture & Homewares reserve the rights to refuse a return.
Items excluded from change of mind returns include:
- Products described as ‘made to order’
- Bedding and pillows
- All sale or discounted items
- Personalised items
- Gift Cards
- Orders for commercial or non-domestic use
Within 5 business days of receiving your return, and subject to confirming it is in as new condition, we will issue you with a store credit voucher via email in an amount equal to the price you paid for the product, less any shipping costs. The store credit voucher will be sent to the same email address used by you when the order was placed. Store credit voucher codes will be valid for one (1) year from the date of issue, at which time they will expire and cannot be re-enlivened. If you have purchased an item that had discounted or free shipping applied and returned it because you have changed your mind, we will deduct the actual cost that we incur for shipping that item to you from your store credit voucher.
We will not accept returns delivered in person to our showroom or warehouse facilities.
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
Unfortunately items are occasionally damaged in transit.
If an item arrives and the packaging or the item itself is clearly and significantly damaged, you should take photos or video showing the damage, refuse to accept the delivery and contact us immediately. We share your feedback with our delivery partners and suppliers to ensure our service and the quality of packaging is improved.
If you notice that an item is damaged after it has been delivered to you, please take photos or video clearly showing the damage and contact us as soon as possible, within 2 business days of receiving your delivery.
The type of remedy we offer will depend upon the circumstances. We will work collaboratively with you to find an outcome that you’re happy with.
For example we may arrange to:
- Suggest a self repair (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Arrange a repair by a local tradesperson in your area (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Offer a partial or full store credit voucher or refund
- Replace the product (subject to availability)
- Arrange for the product to be returned to us or our supplier
If we require you to return the product to us, we will pay the cost of the return.
FAULTS AND WARRANTY CLAIMS
Biku Furniture & Homewares warrants all goods to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, and of acceptable quality and durability for the purpose for which they are designed. Warranties and guarantees are provided in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
If an item arrives that is missing parts, is faulty, is defective or has been damaged during manufacturing, please take photos or video clearly illustrating the problem and contact us as soon as possible, within 2 business days of receiving your delivery. The best solution to any product fault depends on the nature of the fault itself, and the outcome that works best for you. We will work collaboratively with you to find a solution that you’re happy with.
For example we may arrange one or a combination of the following:
- Send you any missing parts or components
- Suggest a method self repair (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Arrange a repair by a local tradesperson in your area (with an offer of compensation to you)
- Replace the product (subject to availability)
- Offer you an alternative product
- Offer a partial or full store credit voucher or refund
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Faults and Warranties policy does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage arising from improper assembly or modification
- Damage arising from abnormal use or abuse
- Damage, wear and tear as a result of improper or lack of maintenance and/or care (e.g. fabric, leather or timber)
- Damage to external or product packaging only
- Insignificant minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain or finish
- Insignificant minor imperfections or superficial blemishes
Determining if an order or item is lost in transit Biku Furniture & Homewares will determine whether an order or item is deemed lost in transit at its sole discretion. We will conduct an investigation and attempt to find and deliver all item(s) and an item cannot be claimed to be lost in transit if:
- The delivery address is incorrect or unclear
- The tracking information for the shipment is showing it is in transit (or other such status that defines the item as yet to be delivered)
- The item was accepted or left at the delivery address according to the instructions supplied to the carrier
Determining if an order or item is damaged in transit our normal Damaged in Transit policy and processes apply.
We reserve the right to refuse a claim under our Freight Protection policy in circumstances where we believe that the item is not lost in transit, or the item has been delivered.
You may cancel an order, or part thereof, only before it has been dispatched to you, in this case you will receive a store credit voucher or refund in the amount you paid for the product, including shipping. As we endeavour to send your order to you as soon as possible, which often will be within 24 hours, requests for cancellations need to be lodged as soon as practicable after ordering. Once items have shipped, you cannot cancel them.
Unfortunately we do not offer exchanges. Simply return your items in accordance with our returns policy and place a new order.
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
The goods you purchase come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If your product is faulty, broken or otherwise non-compliant with a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law please contact us as soon as possible with your name and order number and our customer care team will look after you.
We reserve the right to refuse a return in cases where we cannot be reasonably satisfied that you purchased the product from us and where we deem damage to a product to be due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturer's instructions or failure to take reasonable care.
We expressly reserve all other rights, whether set out in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
Items advertised as $0 via the online store are not actually $0, the items are yet to be priced.